It’s not like sex is impossible without a personal lubricant. But it will never be the same when you use a quality personal lube.
According to U.S. Census data and Simmons National Consumer Survey (NHCS) 48.39 million Americans use personal lubricant in 2016. And the number only goes up with every passing day. But most people are faced with a common dilemma before they actually use a lube:
Is there any best personal lubricant that will make our sex life sensational? It actually depends on which form of intercourse you are on.
No single lubricant works for all forms of sex. To guide you in right direction we will briefly describe different types of personal lubricants in this article.
So, what are you waiting for? Just go through my comprehensive comparison chart and read reviews of my top 5 picks.
Straight recommendation: Shibari Premium Intimate Lubricant Ultra Smooth
Table Of Contents
- 1 Top 7 personal lube comparison
- 2 Top 5 vaginal sex lubricant reviews
- 3 What is personal lubricant?
- 4 What I look for a best personal lubricant?
- 5 Expert’s point of view
- 6 FAQ: (Frequently Asked Questions)
- 7 It’s decision making time
Top 7 personal lube comparison
|Shibari Intimate||Water |
|Healthy Vibes||Water |
|Lynk Pleasure||Water |
|Wet Platinum||Silicon |
|Passion Lubes||Natural |
|Swiss navy||Silicon |
Top 5 vaginal sex lubricant reviews
Health Vibes has come out with a personal water-based lubricant and moisturizer that lasts long, ensuring that you have more fun with your partner or by yourself.
The product lasts the entire night and the slick consistency of the lube means that everything moves smoothly instead of becoming dry or sticky.
The versatile nature of this personal lubricant cum moisturizer means that you can use it with both sex toys and condoms without worrying about safety.
You no longer need to concern yourself with stained clothing or sheets since the lube can be easily washed out using just warm water and soap.
As it doubles as a moisturizer, the Healthy Vibes water-based lube also hydrates your skin which makes it the perfect product for relieving vaginal discomfort and dryness.
Post-menopausal ladies will love this product and its benefits, which include soft, glowing and fully moisturized skin through regular use.Click here to see current pricing and reviews on Personal Water-Based Lubricant and Moisturizer by Healthy Vibes!
The USP of this lube from Shibari is its non-sticky texture which most people do not enjoy since it can get messy. On the contrary, it lends a pleasant silky and soft feel which increases the amount of enjoyment in the boudoir.
The product is really easy to clean off and it is also long-lasting.
The nature of this lubricant is water-based and so it can conveniently be used with any adult toys without the trouble of causing any damage.
A little bit of the Shibari Premium Intimate Lubricant goes a long way in satisfying the needs of you and your partner.
Another highlight of this product is the odorless quality.
Shibari has designed this lube carefully to ensure that it is 100% latex safe.
For the price, you get a lot of quality lube and the product comes with a safety seal to ensure that there is no sort of tampering.Best deal for Shibari Premium Intimate Lubricant at Amazon.com
Passion Natural Water-based lubricant is a popular brand of lubricant due to its non-sticky and non-smelly nature.
Moreover, the main reason why most people indulge in this lube is the fact that it contains no harmful chemicals at all.
The overall feel of this product is slippery and slick and it helps to reduce discomfort and friction, thereby resulting in a more joyful experience.
Ideal for people with sensitive skin, Passion Lubes has ensured that no glycerin, parabens or petrochemicals go into the making of this lube.
This is, without a doubt, one of the healthiest and most versatile lubes available in the industry and it does not leave any sort of residue when you try to clean the stuff off.
The product happens to be compatible with most materials which means that you can safely without any worries. You only require water and soap to get the lube off of you.Find here best deals for Passion Natural Water-based lubricant!
Brand Wet has succeeded in creating a premium lubricant that is extremely slick and is very pleasurable no matter if you are using it solo or enjoying with your partner.
You never have to worry about the product drying up or clumping up into thick gobs of gel.
Another important feature of this good lube is the fact that it does not heat up when you blow upon it.
Many people prefer that their lube have no flavor and this happens to be the perfect product for them since there is no discernable flavor.
Being highly slippery, it can be cleaned up easily without any sort of hassle.
The composition of the lube uses premium materials and so it can be applied both outside and inside your privates without the risk of any sort of irritation.
Being a silicone based lubricant, the Wet Platinum Premium Lubricant can be safely used with sex toys and accessories that are not created with silicone.>>Best deal I found on the Wet Platinum Premium Lubricant<<
What sets Swiss Navy’s Premium Silicone Based Lubricant apart from the rest is its consistency.
Normally, most silicone based lubricants tend to have a gel-like and thick consistency which might make you feel very uncomfortable when you are trying to have a good time.
However, Swiss Navy has managed to design a lube that is unbelievably smooth and you no longer have to worry about stickiness.
Apart from quality, this product also wins brownie points for its judicious use of ingredients.
There are three main ingredients and none of them are harmful which means that this lube can easily be used by people of all skin types.
Being a silicone based lubricant, this product lasts long and a few drops can go a long way in keeping you and/or your partner satisfied to the fullest extent.
The packaging of the product is very discreet in order to respect your privacy.Buy now >>Premium Silicone Based Lubricant by Swiss Navy Here!
What is personal lubricant?
Personal lubricants happen to be specially created lubricating products that are mainly used during sex to reduce friction.
They may be applied to sex toys or directly to body parts with the intention of easing the penetration process. They have been found to add the necessary spice in the love life of a person.
3 main type of personal lubricant (By composition)
- Water based lubricant: Water-based lubes are the safest since they can be used both with latex contraceptives as well as sex toys. They are all-purpose and can be cleaned up easily. Most of the water-based lubricants boast of non-irritating formulas but the drawback is they dry up comparatively faster.(check out our complete post)
- Oil based lubricant: These types of personal lubricants are easily available in the market and they are best for hand jobs. However, they are unsafe for use if teamed up with rubber toys or latex products since they are capable of breaking the latex. Moreover, they tend to be hard to clean and messy in nature.(read more)
- Silicone based lubricant: Silicone lubes are the most expensive types of lubes since they last a long time but they also prove harder to wash off from clothing and bedding. Silicone lubes should never be used with silicone sex toys but they can easily be enjoyed with non-silicone sex toys and latex.(read more)
There are some other notable types (By usage)
# Flavored lubricant: Flavored lubes prove to be a whole lot of fun and can bring excitement between any couple.
There are numerous flavors to choose from but it is best to pick one that works well as a personal lubricant. Moreover, avoid using flavored lubricants containing sugar since it is not healthy to administer it around the vagina.(read full guidelines)
# Warming lubricant: Warming lubricant enhances the overall sexual experience between partners since it has a warming effect on the skin upon contact and prevents any slippery sensations.
This type of lube improves circulation around the genitals and makes the skin more receptive to touch. (read more)
# Spermicidal lubricant: This is a special type of lube containing the chemical known as nonoxynol-9, which is capable of damaging or killing sperms, thereby preventing pregnancy of any sorts.
This kind of lube is ideal for couples who wish to engage in sex without using condoms.(read more)
# Aloe based lubricant: A lot of women hesitate to use lubes for the simple reason that it increases the risk of vaginal infections and regular usage might lead to bigger health issues.
For them, aloe based lubricants are suitable since they contain no kinds of harmful chemicals and are actually healthy for the body.
# Organic lubricant: Organic lubes, as the name suggests, are made from natural organic materials derived from plant extracts and they often use purified water as well.
This means that they are completely harmless for use during sex and may even be ingested.(If you have sensitive skin, be sure to check out this article )
# Home-made lubricant: Home-made or DIY lubricants are usually easy to concoct and they are created using ingredients that are easily available in the home setting, like water. However, they can be a lot of fun as they offer a more personalized touch and you can alter the consistency, odor, texture based on your desire.
What I look for a best personal lubricant?
- Suitable type for different intercourse: You are spoilt for choice when it comes to picking up a good personal lubricant from the market. However, there is no “best” product since it all depends on your requirements. For example, you might not want to stain your sheets and clothing, and so might opt for water-based lubricants, even though silicone ones offer greater pleasure during sex. Thus, pick a type that meets your requirements and get ready to enjoy solo or with your partner.
- Avoid harmful ingredient: One of the drawbacks of using personal lubricants is the fact that they need to be applied directly on the sensitive regions of the body and so, if there are any harmful chemicals in the mix, the end result might not be pleasant. It is for this reason it is always advisable to pick up lubes that contain mostly natural ingredients.
- A long lasting lube: Lubes are meant for enjoyment and for improving the quality of your sex life. So, it would not make sense if the effects of a certain lube lasted only 5 minutes and you have to pause your love-making in order to reapply the same. This is the reason why it is important to choose a personal lubricant that can last a long time.
- Easily washable lube: Lubes have a bad rep of being sticky and hard to clean. However, this is not entirely true since there are plenty of personal lubricants available in the market which can be washed away easily with just plain soap and water and you do not need to worry about any uncomfortable sticky residue on your skin.
- Stainless lube: In the heat of the moment, it is possible that a bit of lubricant may get spilled on the sheets of your bed or on your clothes. This is perfectly normal but unless the lube is of a stainless nature, chances are that you will find it very difficult to remove the marks. Some lubes might end up permanently damaging your clothes and so, it is best to invest in a stainless lube which does not leave any sort of marks.
- Cost effectiveness: Having an exciting and spicy sex life does not necessarily mean that you have to spend a great deal of money and lubes are proof of that. There are plenty of cheap personal lubricants available in the market which provide more or less the same service as more expensive gels and creams. In fact, the best lubes are often cheap and promise to deliver the best experience.
Expert’s point of view
With a plethora of options available to you, choosing a right personal lube is no cakewalk.
What you need to do, however, is find out what you want – your likes/dislikes, the type of product you might enjoy, the cost point and then pick out an item that meets all of your criteria.
It might not be the best choice right away but through a method of trial and error, you are sure to stumble upon one that ticks all the right boxes for you and your partner sooner rather than later.
FAQ: (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Which type of lube cause condom breakage?
Oil based personal lubricants are the main cause of condom breakage.
Due to the fact that they are slippery to the touch and can maximize the amount of friction during sexual intercourse, chances are that they lead to the tearing of the condom.
Thus, it is necessary to exercise caution when using this sort of lube. However, this drawback is countered by the fact that they feel very pleasant and are highly inexpensive.
- Should water based lube used in shower?
Water-based lubes are the most versatile types of lube but it might be a bad idea if you wish to use them in the shower.
This is due to the fact that even though they have the consistency of water, actual water is capable of washing away the personal lubricant.
This means that the ultimate feeling is extremely uncomfortable. On the other hand, silicone lubricants are the best for use in the bath or the shower.
- How lube works on sensitive skin?
There are numerous personal lubricants being produced by various brands and the quality of them tend to vary wildly.
In this case, it is best to use organic lubricants since they have no harmful agents.
Women with sensitive skin should also avoid some types of lube that lead to yeast infections when applied around the vagina.
- Does spermicidal lube really work or it’s a myth?
Spermicidal lube tends to work most of the time if you wish to have unprotected sex with your partner without the use of a condom.
This personal lubricant works by killing off sperms or damaging them so that they are unable to function properly.
However, it should be well kept in mind that spermicidal lube merely prevents pregnancy but it has no effect on sexually transmitted diseases.
- How lube put a positive impact on anal sex?
It is necessary to have a good lubricant handy if you and your partner are willing to try out anal sex.
Not only do personal lubricants make anal sex a great deal more pleasurable but they also decrease the chances of condom breakage and manage to give a moderate amount of protection to the sensitive tissue in the anal region.
Anal sex might not be the most comfortable but when you add lube to the mix, it sure is a whole lot of fun.
It’s decision making time
Keeping in mind all the factors that constitute a good lube, it can be safely declared that the best lube in the market right now is the Shibari Premium Intimate Lubricant Ultra Smooth.
For just $40, you get an 8 oz. bottle of ultra-smooth and non-sticky premium quality personal lubricant which can create a lot of excitement between you and your partner.
It has also proven to last longer compared to the other four products reviewed above.
No wonder that it is one of the bestselling lubes in the market at the moment.
There are numerous kinds of lubes in the market at the moment. The best idea is to pick one that suits not only your tastes and your budget and add a dash of excitement to your sex life.